Scholarships available through Butler PPD
- Butler Public Power District offers a $2,000 scholarship to an individual majoring in the utility line program at Northeast Community College (NECC) in Norfolk, Nebraska or Metropolitan Community College (MCC) in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Applicants must reside within the Butler PPD service area, be a dependent of a customer of the District, or live in one of the following villages: Abie, Bellwood, Brainard, Bruno, David City, Dwight, Garrison, Linwood, Loma, Malmo, Octavia, Prague, Rising City, Surprise, Touhy, Ulysses, Valparaiso and Weston to be eligible.
- Applicants must be accepted or placed on the waiting list for the utility line program at either college
- Application Deadline — January 15th (To view the scholarship application click here)
- Rocky Mountain Electric League (RMEL) offers scholarships to deserving and qualified students focused on engineering or curriculums related to the electrical industry. Each year the Foundation Board of Directors determines the dollar amounts and number of scholarship being awarded. Historically scholarships have been awarded in amounts up to $3,000. Information about the scholarship can be found by following the link to RMEL Foundation Scholarship Program Overview.